The Kingston Stockade National Historic District is an eight-block area in the western section of Kingston, New York, commonly referred to as Uptown Kingston. It is the original site of the mid-17th century Dutch settlement of Wiltwyck, which was later renamed Kingston when it passed to English control.
Agreement to Build the Stockade, 1658
Wiltwyck: A Look at Life in a Dutch 17th Century Ulster County Town Curriculum Guide
Dutch Dilemmas Activity Book
Interview with Tom Kernan, Site Manager for the Senate House State Historic Site (2017) Video
The Early Stockade and its Settlers: Pioneers of a Nation by Ted Dietz - June 20, 2014 Buried Treasures Lecture Series
Photo: A replica of the Kingston Stockade erected by the Friends of Historic Kingston, formerly located on the corner of Frog Alley and North Front Street. This property, also containing the ruin of the Louw-Bogardus House, has been owned and maintained by the Friends since 1975.