Business Certificates are filed in the County Clerk's Office.
- Business Certificate Forms for Individuals or Partners are available from the County Clerk's office for $1.00 or for free download on our Business Forms page.
- The fee for filing a Business Certificate is $25.00. - CASH, CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY.
- If you require a certified copy, the fee for each certification is $5.00.
There are two other filings that effect Business Certificates:
- Amendments - A Business Certificate can be amended to change an address or to add and delete partners by filing an amendment. Reference must be made to the original Business Certificate. The form is available to download on our Business Forms page. The fee for filing is $25.00. If you need a certified copy there is an additional fee of $5.00.
- Discontinuance - A Business Certificate can be discontinued by filing a Certificate of Discontinuance. Reference must be made to the original Business Certificate. The form is available to download on our Business Forms page. There is no fee for filing. If a certified copy is required there is a $5.00 fee.
PLEASE NOTE: Fees can be paid in cash, check or by money order payable to the Ulster County Clerk.
We notarize in this office with proper photo identification.
For tax information contact:
- New York State Department of Taxation & Finance online at https://www.tax.ny.gov/ or by calling 1-800-462-8100
- Federal Tax - Internal Revenue Service online at https://www.irs.gov/ or by calling 1-800-829-3676
- Internal Revenue Service - Applying for a tax ID number
- New York State Department of Taxation & Finance - Apply for a Sales Tax Number
Corporations are filed in the County Clerk's Office but are processed through the Department of State. Once a Corporation is approved by the State, the County Clerk's Office will receive a certified copy for filing in our office. Also, all related activity on the Corporation will be filed in our office through the Department of State.
Corporation papers on file go from 1856 to present. Copies can be obtained online at Search IQS, by mail or by coming into our office.